Most frequent questions and answers
BEATS & LICENSING
By making a purchase of any kind, the customer declares that he will give credit to the producer where possible in a written form (cd cover/booklet, YouTube videos, social network pages such as Instagram or Facebook, etc.).
- For Spotify/Apple Music/TIDAL/Other Music Stores one of these 3 options will suffice:
- Feature HH Beatz among the artists of the song.
- Add in the title of your song “(Prod. HH Beatz)”.
- Credit HH Beatz in the credits section as shown below:
- For YouTube/Vevo/Vimeo/Facebook/Other Video Outlets: ‘Produced by HH Beatz’ in the description or ‘Prod. HH Beatz’ in the title
- For all physical media: Anything to the likes of ‘Produced by HH Beatz’, or ‘Instrumental by HH Beatz’ will suffice.
- Any displayed or downloadable MP3 files must include (Prod. HH Beatz) within the file name
You can free download my beats directly on my beatstore.
Just click the “Download icon” next to the track price. (Check the image below)
In order to download them you need to use your laptop or PC. It won’t work on most smartphones
You are not allowed to use Free Beats for:
- Mixtapes or Albums uploaded on any profitable platform (Spotify, Apple Music, Tidial, etc.)
- Radio and TV Broadcasting or any airplay possibility
- Live-performances or any other public use
- Any other profitable projects
Any unauthorized use of Free Beats, including reselling and modification are considered as a direct violation of the Copyright Act of 1976. HH Beatz reserves the right to take legal action or pursue financial compensation as a result of any breach or violation of our ‘Free Beats Policy.’
If you do not have the funds to go for a more expensive license, you can always upgrade later. You’ll only pay the difference between the standard prices of the licenses.
If you wish to upgrade your current license, click HERE.
Royalty-free beats are simply instrumentals that you can use to make your own songs and make profit out of them without worrying about paying any back-end royalties to the producer (or anyone else for that matter).
Please note: you need to purchase a license to legally use ANY beat, even if it’s royalty-free.
No. All purchases made from the Beat Store are non-exclusive.
This means that the producer still owns the rights and I will still be able to license it to other artists.
“Trackouts” or tracked out audio files, aka “stems” are the separate audio files that make up a particular instrumental.
For instance, the kick, snare, synth, piano, and so on are all separate audio files that comprise the instrumental.
These are useful for high-end mixing projects where the engineer may need to customize the mix of the instrumental around your vocals.
I highly suggest the “Unlimited License” for a top-notch mix.
Generally speaking, when you license an instrumental, there are usually two main options: “non-exclusive” & “exclusive”.
When you purchase a non-exclusive license, you’re simply paying me for permission to use the instrumental. It’s essentially a lease. You do not own the beat. I retain full ownership of the beat and can continue to license that same beat to other artists.
Please find here below the benefits of attaining exclusive rights:
- The beat can no longer be licensed out to others.
- You have the full right to license your song out to 3rd party publishing companies for TV/Film, etc.
- The contract lasts forever, so you don’t have to worry about your contract expiring.
- You own the masters to the song.
I also offer exclusive rights for the “pre-made” beats found in my main catalog, If you want to buy exclusive rights to those pre-made tracks, you can send me a request.
All non-exclusive licenses are 100% royalty-free.
With the “Exclusive” & “Custom Beat” licenses, buyer must pay full minimum statutory rate on mechanical royalties to the producer (~$0.091 per unit sale). Mechanical royalties derive from the use of the actual ‘Master’ (which you would own), not the composition, publishing, or intellectual property of the song.
‘Publishing’ is split at 50/50 (Buyer/Me).
Exclusive & Custom Beat licenses last for a lifetime, and prevent anyone else from ever licensing the same beat.
Absolutely. By purchasing any lease you will automatically receive a license that grants you rights to continue using the beat as long as the contractual agreements are not violated or expired. However, you will not be able to upgrade your license.
Once you write your lyrics and record them over the beat, you will own the copyright to your lyrics only. What you will create with the beat is a New Song, also known as a “Derivative Work.”
What is considered derivative work?
A derivative work is a work based on or derived from one or more already existing works. Common derivative works include translations, musical arrangements, motion picture versions of literary material or plays, art reproductions, abridgements, and condensations of preexisting works. (https://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ14.pdf)
This means that you will own and control 50% of the so-called “Writer’s Share.”
The producer will own and control the other 50% of the writer’s share.
You do not own the master or the sound recording rights in that New Song.
For non-exclusive purchases, you should file a form PA to copyright your lyrics only. You cannot copyright the music as it’s a non-exclusive license.
You have been licensed the right to use the beat and commercially exploit the song you make with it. Based on the terms and conditions of the license agreement you’ve purchased.
HH Beatz will retain all copyright ownership of the instrumentals for non-exclusive licenses. However, if you buy exclusive rights to a beat or purchase a custom beat, you will retain copyright ownership of the Sound Recording (Master).
PAYMENTS & PRICING
If you’re applying a discount code, enter it during checkout in the “Coupon Code” box.
For bundle deals, add ALL beats to your cart and the discount will be applied automatically.
I accept all major debit/credit cards (Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover). I process transactions using PayPal. You do not need a Paypal account to checkout via PayPal (a debit/credit card will still work).
Prices are anywhere between $500-1699 USD. Prices are always negotiable within reasonable terms.
Exclusive licenses and Custom beats are only advised if you’re an experienced artist with a decent marketing budget. I’d hate to see you get a custom beat without any plans or budget as to how to push your song along in the market.
ORDERS & ERRORS
- Go to the my “BEATSTORE” page, browse or search beats in the store. Click +ADD next the beats you wish to order and select one of the licenses.
- Once you have selected the desired licenses, click the shopping cart icon (total price) in the top bar and ‘proceed to checkout. At checkout screen, review your order, and click ‘accept terms’ before either paying with PayPal or Credit Card.
- Within seconds after payment, you will receive the beats without tags in high quality. All files will be sent to your email address in form of download links!
If you don’t receive your download link within an hour or two, the first thing you should do is check your spam folder! If it’s not in there, just e-mail me with your receipt and I’ll send it directly to you. Please give me up to 24 hours to respond.
I do not offer refunds or swaps on any beat leases because it’s a digital product that can’t be returned.
Please, take your time when checking out to make sure you’ve selected the correct beats!